It is a branch of science that studies the parodont (the upholding apparatus – gingiva, bone, ligaments) both in their normal and pathological state. It is aimed at sustaining the health and treatment of all tissues in the oral cavity-gingiva,bone,periodontium,as well as the oralmucous membrane. The paradontitis is one of the most common diseases in this area and it is taking its course in a slow, chronic manner, which, as a final result, leads to tooth denudation and a premature tooth loss. It damages the underlying bone and the other parodontal structures.
Gingivitis- gingiva inflammation
The first symptoms , which patients usually notice,are tooth bleeding while brushing, swollen or reddened gingiva ,sometimes gingiva pain and bad breath. It is important to know that gingivitis is the first and initial stage of parodontal disease and that this condition is completely curable as well as that the non- treated gingivitis usually gets worse and turns into parodontitis.
The pardontitis usually comes as a result of non-treated gingivitis and is a much more serious diagnosis. The process has already reached the deep layers of parodont and has damaged the bone , which holds the teeth. The paradontitis is a curable disease and its treatment should not be delayed as it leads to condition worsening and tissue damages. The non-treated parodontitis may lead to tooth loss!
With relation to that we offer the following procedures:
- Calculus removal, supra and subgingiva
- Closed curettage-cleaning of the root surface from the calculus , plaque, necrotic cement, endotoxins etc.
- Mucogingival surgery
- Bone regenerative surgery
- Aesthetic parodontal surgery
Tooth brushing :
- Tooth brushing should be done at least twice a day with a toothbrush of medium hardness of fibers, not with one of strong hardness.
- Avoid the harsh pressure while brushing your teeth- there is a risk of abrasion and gingiva recession.
- You should change your toothbrush every month in order to remove the bacteria , accumulated among its fibres.
- You should choose toothpaste containing fluoride so that the enamel is remineralised and the risk of caries occurance is reduced.
- We advise their daily use
- With adults the combination between tooth washing twice a day and the usage of thread reduces gingiva bleeding twice in comparison with using only a toothbrush.
- Mouth wash – it can be used to reduce the microbes.